Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Belated Valentine's Day rant

Hello again,
So this week I recorded, yes, you guessed it, another music vlog! I know last time I said I would choose songs I could write about here, but alas, that didn't happen. This time, my inspiration was neither; instead, I found it in Valentine's Day.

I feel like the song I chose (which I'm not going to tell you about because then you'll feel more compelled to go see for yourself... maybe? I'll give it a shot...) is more than just a love song. It's easy for people to get swept up in the idea of buying stuff for someone else on Valentines Day, but I think the idea behind this song really provides us with the true meaning of the holiday. It's a day to celebrate ALL the people you love. If you're in a romantic relationship, then it's your chance to keep in mind why you're with someone in the first place. I know you should appreciated the people you love every single day, and a lot of people actually do show their appreciation on a daily basis. But that doesn't mean people really reflect on the reasons why they care about the people they keep around. Valentines Day isn't just an "I Love You" celebration: it's an "I love you BECAUSE..." celebration.

Anyway, that's my cheesy view on the holiday. Anyone else have thoughts?
And while you're at it, SERIOUSLY, click RIGHT HERE and just go watch the video. Chances are you'll recognize the song :)
Best wishes,
--Rhiannon

No comments: