Friday, February 4, 2011

Blue Valentine

Last night I went out with my boy to Cinemopolis and we saw a really beautiful indie film called Blue Valentine. It's a dark love story and at some points is immensely overwhelming. I love the way it was filmed and they portrayed the emotions of the characters to the audience very well. I felt as if I was in their shoes and I could feel how each of them felt. You can also have many different perspectives on this movie, which I like as well. My boyfriend for example saw it from the male point of view and criticized his female partner. But I saw it from the female point of view and felt more of a connection with what she was feeling and why. It really is an intense story of love and love lost.  Another thing that I really enjoyed was the fact that it was edited out-of-sequence and that really adds to it. So if any of you are looking for a good flick I highly suggest checking it out! (:

No comments: