Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Social Network Tilt Shift Sequence

So I watched the Social Network for the first time this weekend and I was really interested in this scene (the link to the clip is the title of the post). What struck me was the use of tilt-shift videography. It's a technique used to make the objects in the picture look miniature and not real. I didn't know that this could be used in video, I thought it was just photography. It gives the scene a really cool effect, almost as though what's going on in the scene isn't real.
Here are some more examples of tilt-shift photography. I think it's pretty cool.

3 comments:

Travis said...

Did they use this for the crew race scene? Because my friend and I were impressed by the photography of that scene and were curious if they had done anything to the footage.

Anonymous said...

That's really cool, do you know how to actually do that technique???

Caitlin Stetter said...

Yep! They used it for that scene. The link to the scene is the title of the post. I'm not sure if they did it in post or what, but I thought it was really cool looking.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilt-shift_photography
This is the wiki article I found on it.