Thursday, February 5, 2015

Time traveling to the year 2015 'Back to the Future Part II'

Most of us have seen the Back to the Future movies, but it may have been a while since you've seen Back to the Future Part II, where Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) & The "Doc" (Christopher Lloyd) travel 30 years to the future!
They travel to October 2015 to prevent Marty's future son from getting arrested and sentenced to jail.  

I enjoyed seeing what they thought the year 2015 would have been like technoolgy wise, and unfortunately we are still years away from some of their "future" predictions.

Some of my favorite things they predicted for the year 2015:

Perfectly accurate weather, down to the second. It would be very nice to know exactly when the rain would stop/end. They showed that it was possible to put a mini dehydrated pizza in a "Black & Decker Hydrator" and have a full size pizza in seconds! I wonder if this technology of hydrating food will ever be invented.
I also liked how they thought clothes would be in the year 2015. They showed Marty wearing a self adjusting jacket, that could also dry itself automatically when wet. 
I love the Nikes with "Power laces" that Marty wore. I am surprised we haven't seen anything like these yet, hopefully Nike will actually make these in the near future. 
One thing I can't see catching on is "Kids" wearing their pants inside out, that is one fashion trend I hope never happens. 
One thing I feel that this movie did predict really well for how the future would be, is how much we are engulfed in media. There are deleted scenes I watched from this movie that I wish they kept because it may have been their best predictions. The scenes are of the future Marty coming home from work and going to talk to his son. His son is not just watching TV, but watching multiple programs at once. Marty wants his son at the dinner table, and the only way his son agrees is when Marty gives him these glasses you put on and can watch two shows at once.  I feel like we are getting close to a world like this where people use media 24/7. 

^Here are the scenes I wish they kept in the Movie^

1 comment:

Sam Waters said...

great article, very intellectually stimulating.