Thursday, February 19, 2015

Kingsman

Among the couple other wildly popular Valentine's Day releases was Kingsman: The Secret Service. The film is set in England, and focuses around the unrefined, but promising Gary "Eggsy" Unwin. He is recruited by a secret-spy organization, into their agency's ultra-competitive training program, just as a global threat is emerging.


When I saw the trailer initially, I was intrigued, but my opinion quickly changed after I saw the film. From what I had gotten out of the trailer, I assumed that it was going to be a good old-fashioned spy movie, with a similar plot line to that of any of the Bond or Bourne films. I started out with the potential to be like those films, but quickly turned into something more similar to a Seth Rogan comedy. Not a bad thing, but not my first choice when it comes to film types.


Overall, I would probably give it a 3/10. It had a few good one liners, but the comedy was subpar and the action and fight scenes had a cartoonish aspect to them. Regardless of my opinion, check out the trailer and make your own decision. This may be something you enjoy.

No comments: