Thursday, February 19, 2015

GONE GIRL SPOILER ALERT!

So I was wondering if I should even write about this movie.




So, I love/hated this movie I'm not sure why compared to the book I feel that it did not change. Everything was on point......

However, I'm wondering if it should have stayed a book. I have to say I love the book more then the movie. Here's Why...


When you read a book, throughout your day you are constantly getting interrupted by school, work, and life. Therefore, you are able to get some type of distance from the book and its characters. I mean unless reading books throughout your day is what you do , then go for it. YOLO.



I have to say GONE GIRL was annoying and so long. I particularly felt this way because of the characters, especially Amy Dunne. I was like one dramatic moment after the other. The faked death, the fake pregnancy, the fake lie, the lie that she used to get out of the lie. See all of this at once just made me so annoyed. May be it was the length.  May be it was just that I read the book in a matter of 2 weeks and, I got a little space from the characters. I don't know. All I know is that I can't watch this movie any more .. I've watched it about 3 times and every time I watch it again I just get more annoyed with it.. I'd rather just reread the book.



Who knows though? May be that's what the director wanted us to feel. Annoyance. Just like the main character Nick Dunne felt when he found out his wife was actually alive and playing this sick twisted fake murder , to come back to her disloyal husband, and make him stay with her forever. Crazy .......


No comments: