Monday, February 23, 2015

Every Tuesday is PLL Day

Every Tuesday I scramble to my TV to watch my favorite series, Pretty Little Liars. The story focuses on four teenage girls, Aria Montgomery, Spencer Hastings, Emily Fields, and Hanna Marin and their daily struggle of getting blackmailed by an anonymous harasser.

The plot started the night that their so called friend, Alison Dilaurentis went missing. From there on out they have received various texts, threats, and have almost gotten killed a numerous amount of times. The mystery of the show is to find out who "A" is, but it never seems to go in their favor. When they think they have finally discovered the true person hiding behind "A's" black hoodie, another twist is thrown at them. Filled with drama, intense love stories, and relatable characters, Pretty Little Liars excels at being an amazing teen television show. Though I absolutely love this show, I sometimes ask the question, "when is it too much?" The plot of this show takes many twists and turns that sometimes are even confusing to the viewers. Pretty Little Liars has been approved for seven seasons, while currently being in their fifth. However, I can't see where they are going to take this show for two more seasons after they reveal who head "A" is at the end of season five.
There just comes a point in a show, where the writing becomes too complicated. There are so many side plots and characters that appear for such a short amount of time, that you don't know what is important anymore. Pretty Little Liars has made a significant impact on the expectations of a teen drama, and I think that they need to get back on the right track that they started on in the beginning of the series. This show is amazing and doesn't get enough credit for what it's worth. I think if they tightened up the plot,and focused on what was important, the show would be appealing to all audiences and not just the teenage realm. But don't get me wrong, I love my girls. 

No comments: