Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday monday gotta get down on monday

I see my frehhhhhnzzzz.

Getting to important things: From what I heard, we had some good shoots this weekend for our group. Good job team, Team Good Job. I couldn't be there because the show I DP for was doing some heavy filming this weekend. Let me tell you about it.

There were some long shots that are going to be a pain to edit. It's an argument scene between three people, so we pulled it off by doing handheld everything and getting a long master take, then three close-ups. It's a bit sloppy in the camera movement -- kind of Office style if you want to think of it that way -- but we didn't get any of the equipment in the shot so far as I'm concerned. The crew who weren't helping on set acted as extras. It went pretty well, aside from Stacey Lawrence's flubbed takes. That's right, I call people out by name. (It was funny, though.)

We filmed in the dining hall. Did I mention that? We filmed in the dining hall. Our location manager is a baller.

As far as professionally made stuff goes, I think I told you about Battle LA already. What about Sucker Punch? Clearly the post production work is excellent, and we're not going to see the movie for the storyline. But that doesn't justify the fact that the acting is just plain awful. Even from the trailer I knew that we were going to see some pretty wonky line delivery. Had the cast been a little more dramatic instead of running around killing things the entire time, it might have been a more decent film. But on first watch, it's just okay for now.

Finally, I've got to complain. Our second project isn't Field Production at all. We're taking pre-made footage and remixing it. I know editing, you know editing. It's first grade, Spongebob. I don't get it.

Wocka flocka flame, I'm out.

No comments: