Thursday, April 21, 2011

How to Train Your Dragon

I can't remember if I've already posted about this movie- it's entirely possible, because every time I listen to the score I get re-obsessed with it. I realize it's a kid movie about an adorable dragon and Vikings and fire, but: it's a kid movie about an adorable dragon and Vikings and fire. I mean, you can give me some leeway, right?
But seriously, the score is absolutely fantastic. I think it got nominated for an Academy Award, John Powell's first (I think). Powell worked on Ice Age, The Road to El Dorado (w/ Hans Zimmer- anyone remember this movie? I remember liking it), Shrek, Robots, Horton Hears a Who!, and PS I Love You. So my recommendation is to either listen to a few of the tracks from the score (like Forbidden Friendship, Downed Dragon, and See You Tomorrow) or just go see the movie. It's a legitimately fun movie, really. I promise.
AND THAT DRAGON IS SO CUTE.
I mean, ahem. What was I doing? Right: intelligent conversation about the composer. Ahem.
No really, just please listen to the music or see the movie. It's a fun time all around.

1 comment:

arturo said...

I could watch that movie over and over again. It is a great movie, what kid movie? I love it! Watch it, I'll watch it again:-)