Saturday, April 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Charlie Chaplin

I just saw on Google that sometime within the past few days marked the 122nd birthday of filmmaker Charlie Chaplin. I have only seen one of his movies (City Lights). When I finally decided to watch it two summers ago I was really skeptical because I remember form my childhood seeing some really stupid/silly short silent films and didn't really like them. BUT when I saw City Lights, I was blown away with how...perfect(?) it was all put together (question mark being that its hard to describe the ingeniousness of this film). Anyways, I would highly encourage everyone in the class to see it, as well as any other Charlie Chaplin film (I've heard they're all really good).

1 comment:

arturo said...

Chaplin is one of the greatest screen legends of all time and one of the few true geniuses that has come out of the movie industry:-), in fact Bernard Shaw said he was the only one!

Regardless, if you have never seen a Chaplin's film, which up to now was inconceivable to me, then there is a significant gap in your general education and very specifically in your media experience, and I urge to fill it ASAP.

If only learning was as much fun as watching one of his comedies or as heart wrenching as suffering one of his dramas.

So, Happy Birthday dear Charlie