Monday, January 31, 2011

Studio 60 On the Sunset Strip

Hey guys, so I just started watching a show on recommendation from friend and it's amazing. If you haven't heard of it or seen it then check it out. The show is called Studio 60 On the Sunset Strip. It a show from 2006 starring Matthew Perry and Amanda Pete along with a few others. The show follows a sketch comedy program (like SNL) through its weekly ups and downs. It's really cool because it shows a lot of stuff like the control room during the show, the writers, the actors, and executives and the problems they face in meeting good numbers for the network. SO, I really recommend you check it out. It is at the top of the list right now on my list of shows cancelled after 1 season (Terriers being the other member of that list, also awesome).

The first and only season of the show is on Netflix streaming.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Aaron Sorkin wrote that show!
...I'm a fan of Aaron Sorkin...

Alyssa Walker said...

Studio 60 is amazing! I've only seen the first 5 or 6 episodes, but from what I've seen so far, it's awesome. It's too bad it only ran for a season. But, if you're interested in this, I would definitely recommend The West Wing too (also written by Aaron Sorkin). It's more political, but has a very similar layout, sense of humor, and just general epic-ness to it.