Friday, January 28, 2011

Finally figured out how to blog.

This is my first time using a blog as a resource so I'm still learning. My name is Ellis Williams as I'm sure some of you may very well know me and I'm excited to begin the course. I think what will set groups apart is the way we adhere to schedules and how much time we put into pre- production and then using that production and post production time accordingly. I think one thing we forget is how important pre- prod is because it is not highlighted in our courses till this semester but it is the structural foundation we should utilize before going into ANY assignment to achieve the desired shots/ angles/ expressions we want. I am settling for nothing short of great video and I think it will be fun to make great video. I would also like to voice small group communication and how we can be accountable as individuals and as a team. It is important that we use other venues other than facebook to communicate it is so detached and leaves the assignment to fall to deaf ears. A meeting time and a place to sit and generate ideas is crucial to our success as students and as team members for future endeavors. I bring this up because in the past group members do not contribute the same amount of work as others and I know that an even distribution of responsibility and accountability will have everyone rise to the occasion and not fall out of sync with the group because they are not feeling less involved in comparison to others. Let's not have our group members feel like their contributions are insignificant or that we as a group prioritize poorly leaving our assignments till the last minute to complete. Let's try to remedy all these past instances (because I know everyone has experienced it once before) and hold one another accountable for an assignment WE took on.

Just saying some of my grievances and optimism with my experiences with groups. I look forward to working with everyone.

Enjoy the Weekend,
Ellis

2 comments:

Ellis Williams said...

because they are feeling less involved. **** Sorry for the typo.

arturo said...

I totally agree with your bloghts:-) Communications is essential for the success of any endeavor and particularly critical when we are all on the same boat sailing together. Everyone has a distinct responsibility and none is less important if simply because there is no whole without the parts.

BTW, if you want to correct anything on your post just go back and edit it (try that)