Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hi :) and cool movie...

Hey hey. I'm going to go ahead and follow the crowd on this one. My name is Alyssa Walker. I'm a sophomore TV-R major with a concentration in video production. I have a history minor and the goal is to someday work at history channel or a production company that makes historical documentaries (it's a slightly nerdy dream, i know). I live in Virginia and I'm hoping to intern in DC over the summer (fingers crossed). My favorite TV shows are Scrubs, That 70s Show, and 30 Rock. I play trombone; I enjoy puns; and I tend to overuse parentheses (if that wasn't already obvious).

Anyway, we had to bring in those pictures from a film noir movie today and it reminded me of a movie called Brick, which is a modern day take on film noir movies starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt. If you guys have 109 minutes to spare and want to check it out, it's on instant play on Netflix. The title is the link.


2 comments:

arturo said...

I'm glad you mention Brick which is a good example of the passion involved in making a movie or anything else that matters to you for that matter! and parent-theses are sometimes the equivalent of body language.
Rian Johnson (Brick's director) says that one of his main influences was Sergio Leone (The Good, The Bad and the Ugly and For a Few Dollars More, classics of "spaghetti westerns!) and that he used shoes as design elements for his characters. My kinda guy!

JTritschler said...

After Christopher Nolan weekend... I suggest brick for movie night