Sunday, April 6, 2014

Disney's Hercules

Hercules is by far my favorite Disney movie. I think that's the reason I became so interested in Greek and Roman mythology. I recently had to watch this movie again for my class. Although this movie is not even close to historically accurate according to the real myth, it still has quite the story line. I enjoyed how this version of a classic myth really takes into account what it takes to be a "true hero." They did a good job of incorporating the 12 labors of Hercules under a different base story. You get the stables and the lion snuck in there without you noticing. If you didn't know about the labors you might not notice them which I think rewards people who know the real story. It allows them to alter the story without upsetting too many people.

Of course the best part of this Disney animated film is the music! The songs are catchy and upbeat and straight to the point. They aren't just fluff pieces added in. They truly add to the story in my opinion. Plus the Muses are so sassy and fun!




No comments: