Friday, September 13, 2013

Over this passed weekend I was shown two short music videos that left my sides sore from laughing so hard. The two music videos we're produced by a variety show called, Ylvis from Bergen, Norway by two brothers names Bård Urheim Ylvisåker and Bård Urheim Ylvisåker.

The first video I saw was called The Fox. At first I couldn't tell if I was watching some kind of pop children's song about animals or just another weird music video. The music was actually surprisingly catchy to me which may have contributed to why I kept watching but as soon as the chorus hit I lost it. Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding! Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding! It was hilarious to see all of these peoples going nuts to those lyrics dressed up in animal costumes. The costumes we're perfect too. They weren't like over the top animal costumes, but they we're these children costumes for adults. Also the set they did looked ridiculous. It was this dark foggy woods with beautiful lighting and beautifully choreographed dancers to top it all off. There was even a CGI fox that joined in at the end too. For me this video was just over the top for what it was.

The second video is by far my favorite called, Stonehenge. This video has equally if not better music than The Fox and the lyrics are just as absurd. The whole premise of the song is "What's the deal with Stonehenge?" It starts off fairly calm and builds into this beautiful rock ballad with a gospel choir and all. Some of my favorite lines are, "a prison far to easy to escape," "A giant granite birthday cake," and "Dude, let's build a henge or two." I'm sure the Honda helped out with this too because towards the end he starts singing about how he'd give up his Hinda Civic to know the secret of Stonehenge. Overall the cinematography, writing, and music is just too good. I still have the gospel choir singing "Stonehenge" stuck in my head. If you're looking for a good solid laugh definitely check out these videos. They also have other videos such as Work It, Pressure, and Someone Like Me which you should totally check out through the link below






http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/09/09/ylvis_best_music_videos_in_english_stonehenge_work_it_pressure_jan_egeland.html

No comments: