Friday, September 20, 2013

My favorite character...

Choosing my favorite TV character is such a difficult task for me. I feel like I emotionally connect with the characters on my favorite shows and I usually have a feeling of friendship with them if I really think that they are a good character. This past summer though, I was fortunate enough to have the time to watch all three seasons of Game of Thrones. While thinking about who my favorite TV character was, Daenerys Targaryen stood out from the other TV characters. I’d have to say that she is my favorite out of all of the TV characters that I have had the pleasure of being acquainted with.


One of the major reasons why Daenerys is my favorite characters is that I admire her. Her character has transformed from a small, obedient girl to a strong, self-sufficient woman. She has been through many traumatic events in the show and she always learns from her mistakes and always grows stronger and more confident. I really enjoy her character because you don’t see many female characters that are as poised and resilient as Daenerys. She plays a character that is honest in her intentions of wanting to reclaim Westeros as her own and rule the iron throne, but she has an undying compassion for the wellbeing of the innocent. She frees slaves and punishes (quite harshly, I must say) the people who do her or other people wrong. That amount of compassion for those who are innocent is very admirable. It is unlike a conqueror to have that compassion for people that they have conquered, but she manages to do so, and thus only receiving more support.

She is also my favorite character because she is just plain awesome. She has three dragons and she has the admiration of all of her followers. She also has a huge army and she has beauty and brains. I always want to see more of what she does in the episodes because her wit and her strength always manage to surprise me. Daenerys Targaryen is just undeniably a fantastic character.

No comments: