Friday, September 27, 2013

9.81 m/s^2

If you have been to the movie theater recently you have probably seen the trailer for Gravity, a new film starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney coming out October 4th. This movie looks intense and you should definitely see the trailer below to see what I mean. It places a medical engineer, played by Sandra Bullock, on her first shuttle mission. When things go wrong she must fight for her life with her commander, played by George Clooney, in the depths of space with limited communication with Earth. With no practical rescue, they realize the only way they have a chance at getting home is to travel further into space. Check out the trailer below.


I want to be pleasantly surprised by this film, I plan on going to see it opening weekend. I do not know how it would make sense for the astronauts to travel deeper into space to get back home. If I had to guess I would bet they lose sight of the ISS and are going to have to attempt to get back in contact with it. I can see myself either loving or hating this film, but either way the visuals and action in space will thrill me for sure. Since the next blog post is due the day this movie comes out, I plan on checking back by next week and reviewing the movie. 

No comments: