Friday, September 27, 2013

An Amazing Wedding Video


I love watching wedding videos. I guess I'm a typical girl in that sense but I stumbled upon this very unique wedding video called “dead hearts: The Wedding of Victoria and Jason Evigan“.  The title is kind of ironic because it's a video about love. However, it is the title of a song by Stars played during the video. It is a Lightfield Lewis film. I haven’t seen any other wedding video like it. If I ever get married I hope my video is as beautiful and well made as this one.
I can tell so much time was put into editing this video. There are so many effects, classic movie clips, animations, and pictures incorporated throughout the piece. It transitions smoothly from one scene to another with the use of music and visuals. The video shows pre-wedding and wedding day footage but also includes some backstory in the interviews. There are so many beautiful shots. The camera really utilizes the depth of field in each shot.





The video also uses symbolism. The empty chair represents Jason’s Nana who dies a few months before the wedding. At the very end the whole video is dedicated to Nana.

I think including footage from classic and older films is very cool and unique. In the vows the bride and groom mention watching classic films together so it’s clearly a big part of  their relationship. At some points in the video I think all of the effects get to be too much but maybe that is just the style they were going for. The content of the video, the way the video was made, and the editing describes their unique love, lives, and personalities.

The only thing I dislike is the ending. The vows are too cliché for me but the rest of the video makes up for it. I don’t know these people but I got a glimpse of them and their lives watching this amazing video. It makes me hope that they will live happily ever after.

No comments: