Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Hidden Gems on the Internet

Recently, like most people in the world, I was procrastinating doing my work by surfing the internet. Fortunately, since my major is TV-R sometimes watching netflix or videos on YouTube can help with my major. Recently I found a YouTube channel that posts videos by animation students at a school in Denmark. One of the videos that I really enjoyed was one called "The Saga of Biorn".


Not only does the animation style remind me a lot of "How to Train your Dragon". But I thought the humor was very well done in this short. Especially in the ending, you can't help but feel bad for Biorn, I guy where just nothing seems to go his way...

Well I have now been watching videos by the YouTube channel Animation Workshop for a while now and some of them are very well done. Especially as far as storyline goes. It is very difficult to make the audience have a invested interest in a character in under 10 minutes, yet some of these videos are able to pull it off. Here is another video which I thought was very amusing entitled Captain Awesome.


I thought this was a great take on how Superheroes never seem have time to take a break from their job (not even to take a number 2). There are dozens of other animated videos on this YouTube channel and I recommend some of you guys check it out.







No comments: