Friday, October 4, 2013

More on How I Met Your Mother


This week I am going to blog about the ever-popular (and already blogged about...) show "How I Met Your Mother". I've been a big fan of the show ever since I binge-watched it last Thanksgiving break. I think the characters are all interesting and they have a great chemistry with each other that is very believable. I also love the concept of the show and the character development throughout the show. The characters reflect the imperfect human striving for their dreams (and failing often). That being said, I was surprised at how this season (season 9) is turning out.


I am a firm believer of sticking with shows till the end. I especially wanted to stick with this show because I thought it would be pretty nice to meet the mother. Ted has been talking about meeting her for quite a while now! I sat down and watched the two newest episodes. I enjoyed them a lot, but there was one thing that was very different from the previous seasons. This whole season (24 episodes) will be of one weekend. This was something that I was not expecting. I get that it is a very important weekend since it's [spoilers] Barney and Robin's wedding, but a whole season in one weekend!? This should be interesting. 

This whole premise reminds me of the suspense show, "24". I'm hoping that "How I Met Your Mother" (HIMYM) will keep the same amount of interest (without all of the terrorist threats and gun shoot-outs) as "24". I do have fears that HIMYM will end up dragging along and over-analyzing the characters. There are definitely going to be new problems that pop up that need fixing, and old problems that get way too dramatic. However the show does go, I will be watching it faithfully, anticipating the moment when Ted meets the mother. 


No comments: