Thursday, October 31, 2013

Dale and Tucker vs. Evil

I thought it only appropriate that I write my blog post about a horror film because it is Halloween night, and instead of dressing up and going out. I am sitting at the PPECS desk pulling a four hour shift. So instead of doing my job I will now talk about one of my favorite films in the last couple of years. Dale and Tucker vs. Evil.


For those of you who haven't seen the film. First off, you are missing out, and secondly, from a story standpoint it is one of the most original things I have seen in a while. The film follows the story of two good-hearted West Virginia hillbillies who through a series of misunderstandings find themselves to be the victims of a group of college trying to get their friend back. I enjoyed this film so much because it was a great commentary on horror films in general and it is done in a hilarious way. Dale and Tucker are such sweet characters and it is hilarious as the college kids who are trying to kill them keep accidentally killing themselves.

Now don't get me wrong, this film is not for everyone, there is some gratuitous language, violence, and some parts are actually scary. However the film is such an original idea and takes the opposite stand point of what normally horror films are supposed to be about. Plus Katrina Bowden is in the film... which helps a lot.

                                         (Why most people watched this movie.) 

For those of you who enjoy films that are commentaries on genres, this is definitely something that you might want to look into. It is a great commentary on the horror genre and so, so, funny. Also, for those of you who are undecided, here is the trailer.


No comments: