Friday, October 25, 2013

JUICING!

I purchased a Breville fruit and vegetable juicer in March of this year.  It is one of the best investments I have ever made. I make vegetable juices daily and they actually taste good. Instead of having coffee in the morning, I make a juice. My usual juice consists of apples, cucumbers, celery, ginger root, spinach, and kale. It is very energizing, makes me feel great, and urges me to eat healthier for the rest of the day. 
I know this is FICTION field but I wanted to write about a documentary I just watched called “Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead”.  It is based on a man, Joe Cross, who suffers from an autoimmune disorder. He has tried all kinds of medicines but nothing helps so he decides to go on 60 days juice diet.  The documentary follows Joe traveling across the U.S. talking to all different types of people about food, lifestyle, health, etc. The documentary also shows two people Joe meets try this juice method.
I liked the documentary for many reasons. Joe is a very likeable and understanding person. He gets regular civilians to try it. He receives proper medical supervision throughout the diet and he talks with experts. I think people could get a lot out of watching this documentary. There is a lot of useful information shared throughout the film. Joe also uses the same juicer I have! Aside from the content I thought the documentary was shot and told very well. There were even some cute animations.


It was well worth the 97 minutes.

No comments: