Sunday, November 6, 2011

Oops

Whilst stumbling today on the internet, I came across this video entitled "Oops" by Chris Beckman.

Beckman created this piece with fount footage off of YouTube that all involved people dropping cameras, and put them together in an oddly compelling piece. The YouTube page says "Beckman's aim to recreate the allure of the search and the voyeuristic pleasure of finding a captured moment that resonates led him to the image of cameras being dropped as a way to "contextualize these 'throwaway' videos and their transcendent vérité immediacy."

I'm usually not the biggest fan of found footage pieces for some reason, I think because I would rather someone film stuff themselves, but this one grabbed me. The way the shots go together seamlessly is really impressive.

No comments: