Saturday, November 5, 2011

American Horror Story

"One of the fastest pick-ups in the history of the network"...

This unlikely new show is doing really, really well! I was honestly not sure how it would go...horror is usually a genre most popular in film, rather than television. I read an Entertainment Weekly article about the show when the issue came out. It looked interesting, and I was intrigued...yet horrified. Some of the characters and themes of the show that were described were just plain creepy to me, and I honestly decided not to watch it for the same reason I still haven't seen Paranormal Activity or Final Destination movies...I am so easily terrified, especially when the plot is somewhat realistic. In this case, I am currently looking for a house to live in next year, and everyone knows that most houses in Ithaca are pretty old (mine this year was built in 1900.) A.k.a. they are all haunted. Therefore, I was staying far away from the show.

Until I read this article.

Even though I know it will probably terrify me to no end, reading that a show gets picked up for a second season this fast tells me that there is something about it that I need to see. Whether it is the acting, the story, or hte production value...I need to jump on this bandwagon. I don't know, but the raving reviews from my friends who have watched it and the fact that it is getting such great reviews from magazines and bloggers make me want to suck it up, curl up in bed with all the lights on, and enjoy some awesome television.

No comments: