Sunday, November 13, 2011

6 days to air- documentary


    So I finally got around to watching a documentary about South Park that someone mentioned to me last month. The documentary is called "6 Days to Air" and is about how each episode of South Park is created start to finish in 6 day increments. They finish the episodes on the day they are supposed to air!! This is INSANE! And Trey and Matt actually look VERY calm for how much pressure is being put on them.


    I want to work in this field, and this is intimidating!  The South Park crew consists of probably 10 members or less that are all magnificently talented. I realize that many shows come close to the deadlines in production, but I didn't know that Trey and Matt go into the writers room with NO solid ideas in their heads! These guys are sleeping at the office to save time while working! I also underestimated how talented Trey and Matt are for doing almost all of the voices of the show.  I thought that by now they were successful enough to pass voice duties on to someone else!
Overall it's a pretty inspiring documentary though!

Here's a link to the documentary, sorry no emmbedding for it.
6 Days to Air

No comments: