Sunday, November 20, 2011

More Scriptwriting Software Options!




When poking around the internet over break, I stumbled across this little gem of a website: Plotbot.com. It is an online scriptwriting program, which is great, but not new. The killer feature of Plotbot, however, is it's potential for collaboration.

I've been a firm believer in using Celtx for over 5 years now. It's free, capable, and easy. However, the one problem I've had with it is collaborating with other group members. I always wished there could be a love child between Celtx and Google Docs, that everyone in my group could edit in real time, without having to worry about emailing the latest version. And this is where Plotbot can shine!

It seems to offer all of the core functionality of Celtx, and is being offered for free as well. It's the product of two USC film students, so you can be sure that the creators have an idea what their audience is looking for. If you've ever been frustrated with having "Screenplay final," "Screenplay final 2," "Screenplay final 2 editted," and more clutter up your desktop, give the website a try.

Bonus: You can change the site's language to "Pirate!"

1 comment:

arturo said...

Very cool idea. Hope it works as expected. It keeps giving me "server errors" and deletes my newly typed text. Let me know when you try it outside of the "sandbox"
PLease remember to actually link relevant keywords. And tag? please?:-)