Saturday, November 5, 2011

I Miss Cable

So I'm sitting here at work and trying to think about what to write for my post, which reminded myself that I don't have cable TV this year in my dorm. I've been keeping up with my shows on Hulu (regardless of being a week and a day late from the episode's premiere) and in my spare time I watch reruns on Netflix. But it fascinates me that I've made it this long without television. This time last year we would constantly have the TV on in our room, even if it was just for background noise we would always have the TV running. And it makes me sad, I feel so completely out of the loop, without the ability to channel surf I miss out on so many shows I may potentially fall in love with. Sure, I could just search the endless genre classifications on Netflix, but there's a big difference between getting into a show by reading a show's description and getting into a show by catching a clip and that clip grabbing your attention. Lately any new things I've watched have been on recommendation from my friends, which sucks when I can't make any recommendations of my own. But luckily Thanksgiving break is just another few weeks away, and Winter break another few weeks after that, so hopefully by then I'll have a plethora of shows to post about :)

No comments: