Sunday, November 6, 2011

Band of Brothers

I didn't get a chance to see the show when t originally premiered on HBO because I didn't have the channel at the time. Two years ago, the same people the put BOB together premiered another miniseries, The Pacific, about the Pacific theater of war during WWII. The show was visually gripping and provided a look at the combat of war and the toll it takes on its combatants that I had never seen in a television program or movie before.


I know the video is a little long, but it shows how much work went into creating such a detailed representation of the war.

Last week, my roommate ordered the first disc of Band of Brothers from Netflix and I was instantly hooked. The miniseries follows the same story arc and the production value and execution is just as good. So many of the elements are the same that it almost seems like the prequel to the pacific. If you're a fan of war movies, you must check each of these out.

2 comments:

Ivannah_f said...

.

Lucy Lynne' Hall said...

I watched it when my dad got into it years ago and the episode where they find the abandoned concentration camp made my mother and I cry.