Sunday, March 14, 2010

A question

Hey everyone, I'm working on a part of my solar visualization that I may need some help with - I want to input an address and receive latitude and longitude for the location. I know you can do this with google maps and I will need some sort of API, but before I messed with it too much I thought I would ask as I saw a few other projects that already had something similar. Maby it's too complicated to explain on here but I thought I'd ask anyway.

This site shows how to get lat and long from google maps:
http://lifehacker.com/267361/how-to-find-latitude-and-longitude

1 comment:

toha said...

Google allows to geocode addresses for free. This document describes the process. Basically it is a RESTful service. Ask me, if you need more help on how to use it in your case.