Friday, March 12, 2010

the 250 dollar cube that I can make for less than 50

I was on the internet trying to see if I can get my plexi cut somewhere... and to my surprise I found this Ralph Lauren Puzzle cube, which is basically almost exactly what I intended to do in the beginning. I don't know if you guys remember the wooden cube I made as a prototype, and I explained to Arturo that it was going to be out of plexi... Well here it is. I was so mad when I saw it because I changed my project thinking that It was too simple, and now I see it online for 250 dollar. I can literary make this for less than 50 dollars - 30 dollar max.

1 comment:

Irvika said...

That is the thing with designers...whatever they sell they put a high price on it. But what is more funny is that even if you offer yours for 50$ many buyers will prefer their higher price version because a) it has a label b) many think that you get what you pay for

The sad story is that we have been superficial buyers for a long time...