Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hello There, Question time.....

Hi There!!
I figured I would go ahead and post and introduce myself. My name is Sophie, and if you're like me, faces are easier to remember than names. (I'm the girl that had the black shirt with green tank top over it with red hair.) But anyways, I just wanted to say hi there, and I'm excited about the class this semester. =]
I also had a quick question. Yesterday, whoever was sitting by me (sorry I don't remember your name but I remember what you look like if that counts for anything) you should me the website notely.net....well I figured out how to download the calendar but can't figure out how to download the course/instructor thing like you had on yours.. =[
Is it possible, if you see this, or anyone that has any clue about what I'm talking about, could possibly help me??

Thanks so much!
OH, and so many people mentioned they liked to cook! If anyone wants to trade recipes or get together and cook a nice yummy meal, please tell me. =P I love cooking but especially with others, and since moving here, well, my roomates don't like to cook and are really picky eaters...
So anyways!

Have a wonderful evening.

5 comments:

GCP Girl said...

Hey Sophie

What I was showing you was a program that's only on mac called Schoolhouse, but Notely works basically the same way except it's available for any operating system because it's all online.

arturo said...

A cooking jam sounds great! count me in.
And Sophie, as you mention, faces are easier to remember than names, unless you have prosopagnosia (face blindness)which according to some studies affects about 2% of the population (more than previously thought). That is why I asked everyone to include a (real?) photo of themselves in your profile, like Keith and others had done.
And yes, I am exempt from that(I like my Muybridge animation!). In any case you will have enough of my face:-)
Maybe Keith can briefly elaborate on Schoolhouse and Notely?

Sophie Weaver said...

Ahaha, I'll have to get a picture of me or something! I currently don't have any on this laptop. =[
aww. That's so sad, about Schoolhouse not being available on PCs, I was so excited!! I liked it because of the fact it wasn't online based. Anyone have any other suggestions??

Oh yeah, thanks for your reply. =]

Greg Taylor (SL- Quasi Quinnell) said...

LOL! The cooking thread reminds me of the gamefly series we are reading this week in which an admin for a MUD saw a group of 15 people in one place (the ONLY group on the server) and concluded they must be up to no good. Upon investigation she/he found that they were all standing around exchanging cookie recipes!!!

Takumi said...

As for a student organizer, you might try a search at www.download.com. I have not used this kind of program before so I can't speak for any particular PC program.

Food is a good thing! Do avatars eat?