Tuesday, February 12, 2008

link message

I am trying to link 2 objects by script language.
For example, I touch one object for start and touch the other object for end, then I want to calculate how long did I complete this.

I looked for some information from the following 2 websites,
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Portal
http://www.kan-ed.org/second-life/using-LSL.html

But I found message-link can only deliver 4 values like:
• integer sender_num


• integer num


• string str


• key id

How can I deliver other variables such as llGetWallclock()?

2 comments:

Javahawk said...

There are a few ways you could do this. Basically it would require you to link both objects, and essentially have two on touch events triggered by an "on" and "off" boolean variable. If it sounds complicated, msg me Oshi Leakey, its pretty simple. There are other ways to do it, too.

Javahawk said...

Sorry I think I might have misunderstood your question, but I think I know the answer... Talk to me later.