Monday, February 3, 2014

You can't not love the "Puppy Love"

I am not a huge football fan, and with the Broncos and Seahawks playing I personally had no preference. The Superbowl is a fun event where I sit, eat yummy food, watch parts of the game and focus on the commercials..and of course the half time show. This year disappointed me overall with the lack of creative commercials, but one out of a few stood out to  me and the rest of the Superbowl watchers. The Puppy Love commercial. Yes, I know I am one of the thousands of girls to fall in love with this commercial, however I gotta give credit when it is due. I thought this particular ad was smart and created a ton of hype.



This Budweiser commercial featured an adorable little puppy who chases after his love, a horse. Against all odds, they end up finding there way back to each other. Not only did I find this commercial heart warming and adorable, but I thought it was very well done. The editing was well done, the story was creative and it stood out to everyone. The soundtrack, "Let Her Go" by Passenger only made the commercial better. It was an intelligent choice to choose a popular song because it only increased the popularity of the ad and that song combined.

Creating a commercial is not an easy task. Although it only lasts around 60 seconds long, it still takes a lot of thought and hard work. Animal trainers spent a ton of time and effort training these animals and making sure they did everything on cue and perfectly in order to create this perfect commercial. It is important especially during the Superbowl to create commercials that are effective and memorable. With the game being basically a disaster, this commercial stole the show.

No comments: