Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pretty Little Liars

This show is way more than it seems at first glance. There are people who are alive that should be dead, there are bad guys who are actually good, good guys who are actually bad, so many turns that my head hurts just trying to piece it together. Although I think the story is being dragged out a little too much, I am very curious to see how the writers tie up all these loose ends.

My current issue with this show is that it has turned away from the secret observer pulling strings story line. We haven't seen "A" in action in a long time and it just doesn't seem right. The Liars haven't received anonymous texts or notes or strange packages. Now that they think they have figured out who it is (I'm not sure I believe it's who they think it is) A has almost entirely left them alone with the exception of providing Spencer with pills after she promises her family she will stop.

One thing I really appreciate about this show is how they portray the mental states of the girls when they go through these traumatic situations. When Aria finds out that Ezra was using her to write her story she becomes very numb and empty. Spencer's addiction to the pills plus the stress she is under is very well done. Even the way her character looks physically on screen is accurate to what a girl in her situation would look like.  I feel like some of the topics in this show could be sort of touchy for some viewers and I believe that the show has handled them with a lot of class.


No comments: