Friday, April 5, 2013

Finding Dory

This week, Ellen Degeneres announced on her show that the sequel to Finding Nemo will be hitting theaters in November 2015.  The sequel will focus around the quirky, forgetful Blue Tang, Dory.  The title? Finding Dory.



Immediately, I was thrilled.  Me being the Disney fanatic that I am, I was excited to see that Finding Nemo was going to return to the big screen.  I was also very excited to see that the movie would be focused on one of my favorite characters from the original movie, Dory.  Since Dory was my favorite character from Finding Nemo, I can't help but be excited for this film that is to premiere in two and a half years.  I think it will definitely be a treat for my generation to see the story that we saw as children continue as adults.

But then I started to get wonder if this may be an unnecessary extension of the classic Pixar film.  Part of what made Dory so lovable was the fact that she was a supporting role.  I feel like an entire feature length film of Dory being forgetful may be too much Dory.  The basic story line for Finding Dory is still unknown, but I have a feeling it will be a LOT of Dory.  I hope Pixar can keep the line between funny and too much uncrossed.

Regardless, this movie comes out the day after my 22nd birthday, and I'm already hoping that I get tickets for my birthday....

No comments: