Friday, April 5, 2013

Game of Thrones

I have to admit I was skeptical at first about "Game of Thrones". Not because I didn't believe it was good television, but because I thought it was entertaining to people because there was a lot of blood and gore. I'm not against some blood, but I just don't enjoy movies and television shows that are only about that. I was wrong about "Game of Thrones" as it is about so much more than killing people. Although that is a major theme in the show, there is so much more to it than that.

For starters, the complicated story line that follows many different prospectives and many different people trying to accomplish a number of different things is fascinating. It's hard to follow at times, but the complexity of the different characters is my favorite part of the show. Each and every character in the show has ulterior motives and every move they make is planned out. In this time period, backstabbing and making deals is the name of the game. And the audience doesn't really know what any of the characters overall plan is.

The other great thing about the show is that every episode ends with an insane cliff hanger. Some people like this, while other people are bothered by the fact that they have to wait until next week to find out what's going to happen. I love the cliff hangers, they are always extremely surprising, and when they are revealed, the audience sees that the characters involved in the surprise were planning this move all along. That is the type of show that it is, right when you think you've discovered a characters secrets he changes his approach right at the last second.

Like I said earlier, I'm late to the party when it comes to this show. I kept on hesitating starting to watch it until my roommates finally convinced me to do so. Now that I'm into it I can't wait to watch the next episode. The story line really pulls you in, and it becomes more than just a show about war.

No comments: