Friday, January 8, 2010

Obsolete Technology...

This past black Friday I bought a 32" Samsung flat screen TV, which I am immensely proud of (having owned a "tube" my whole life). I just set it up in my apartment 5 days and then, not 72 hours later, I read on CNN that my glorious television will be near obsolete before the end of the year! I'm abhorred at this news. Yes, I know technology increases at such a rapid rate, it's almost impossible to keep up with...BUT come on? I'm just asking for at least 2 years...these things are still super expensive.

I do, however, think it's intriguing to know that it will most likely be replaced with 3D television. That is just crazy! I wonder how strange we will all look sitting in front of our LG's wearing shades. Eventually, you'll just pop in a contact lens and call it a day! Oh...the possibilities.

No comments: