Monday, January 25, 2010

Collage Project


I made two collages for the class assignment. As you know, my project will hopefully be creating a website to input your shopping list into and have a route map generated for you. That is what is on my mind right now, so my collage is centered around the problem I am looking to solve. This is how I feel while grocery shopping: running around, scrambling to finish and get on with my life. I made this with GIMP (which took me forever to figure out (Thank you Arturo.)). I have never used Photoshop, so the less user-friendly interface of the free version really took me a long time. I particularly had a hard time cutting out the rabbit from the original white border. (The fuzzy tool is awesome!) As you can see in the top collage, I wasn't able to cut out the white part between the arm and the chain, but I figured it out in the second one. I also motioned blurred the rabbits in the background to hopefully give the effect of him running down the aisle, and I replaced his clock with a Dali-inspired one. The first collage is what it looks like when I shop. This next one...is what is happening in my head when I shop.


Offsetting the aisle, rotating it, and changing the scale took forever but I love the look of it. And this time instead of replacing the rabbit's clock, I warped it.

No comments: