Thursday, April 3, 2008

Who's Joining Me?

So reading through my blogs this morning I was pleasantly surprised that I had quite a few virtual worlds articles.

My favorite (and the one that the title of the post refers to) is Nickelodeon is developing a Spongebob Squarepants Virtual World.

Also interesting is that Paramount is using There.com (another virtual world... Anyone have experience with this one?) to by allowing avatars to place mini clips over their heads.

What really gets me about the Paramount article is how amazing viral marketing has become online. I'm not an advertising or marketing major and really know little about it, but holy cow this business is booming especially with websites like those created for the new Batman movie.

2 comments:

gritz said...

I am so there ...! My avatar has been really craving a Crabby Patty ... you know you can't have just one.

(p.s. note the use of masking-based persona building there, kids.)

Anon said...

Nickelodeon is planning on creating more than one virtual world. There is also "Monkey World" in the works. You can read more about it here-http://www.paidcontent.org/entry/419-nickelodeon-expand-virtual-worlds-hybrid-choice-of-ad-support-paid-subs/