Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Politics in World

I have heard of many occasions where people have used second life as a way to voice their opinions about certain subjects. I often wonder if second life could be a good venue for political opinion. With election day quickly approaching I would imagine that many people have been using Second Life as a resource for political science topics. I feel unfortunately however that the majority of what would be found on SL is a liberal opinion on politics, however I have no proof of this. Does anyone have an opinion on that statement?

I would hope that we could at least find a fair opinion on both sides of the political spectrum. I plan to investigate this topic further this week. I thought it might be a good idea to set up my own island with my own political opinions on it. I will keep everyone updated on its progress. All opinions or help is always welcome.

Schilling

1 comment:

Anon said...

To my knowledge, every major presidential political candidates (this means Republicans, too) had a Second Life presence prior to the wind-down of primary elections. I was told by another student that these political spaces weren't highly populated, however. Perhaps you have to figure out how to advertise your SL presence in more populated forums (say, Myspace or Facebook groups) before garnering support for political activism within SL.

-Mikael Chen