Friday, March 28, 2014

Twin Peaks: Something to Watch

             So as always, I was scrolling through Netflix the other week looking for something to watch, and I came across Twin Peaks. I had heard about the show before, but all I knew was that it was very strange. It had always in the back on my mind to watch, so I finally decided to watch it. I am so sad that this show is only two seasons, because I honestly don’t know what I will do with myself once it is over. I will agree that this show is a bit strange, even corny, but it is extremely interesting, and I have always been one to enjoy a good dream sequence. I won’t go into to much detail about the plot of this show because honestly, it is a bit hard to describe, but ultimately it is a murder mystery that from beginning to end, keeps you guessing.

            Like I mentioned, the dream sequences in this show are one of my favorite aspects. There are many of these dreams shown through the point of the lead detective Agent Cooper, and at first glance, they seem to make zero sense. But what is truly fascinating about this show is that each dream holds a series of riddles that lead to specific clues pertaining to the murder trying to be solved. I think they are extremely creative and interesting. They are very strange, but intelligent at the same time. Here is an example:







Twin Peaks is a great show, but definitely an acquired taste (like most of the things I watch). Nonetheless, I definitely recommend that you give this show a chance. 

No comments: