Friday, March 7, 2014

Frozen

I recently watched Frozen for the first time (I know I'm behind on the times I'm sorry). Although I found the songs catchy and the characters endearing something seemed to be lacking for me. There wasn't that in depth of a story. For some reason it felt to me like things happened too fast. Christoph complains that Anna is going to marry someone she just met and then shortly after is in love with her and wants to marry her. There wasn't enough time for me to accept that character development. I also was disappointed with the lack of involvement of the two main characters Elsa and Anna. I felt like these two were playing minor roles. The movie focused more around the background characters that were there for pure entertainment purposes and did not particularly move the story forward such as Ol. Don't get me wrong, I loved Olaf as a character but I felt like he took away from the story that Disney was trying to tell. I also think a lot more could have been done with this story. The ending felt rushed and cliche even though the world was saved by true love of a sister as opposed to a significant other. It still felt a little forced. Perhaps I was just expecting it to be so much more than it was because of all the hype I'm not sure. But I don't know that I would agree with people who say Frozen is the best Disney movie. I definitely think the movie was beautifully done with catchy songs and a few interesting subtle risks taken by Disney. However I found the story lacking a little bit. It's not one of the Disney movies that I could watch over and over again. Maybe once in a while with my baby cousins but not repeatedly on my own like I would with other movies.

No comments: