Thursday, January 22, 2015

American Sniper

I recently went to the movies to see American Sniper, and I have to say I was not disappointed.

American Sniper is a film directed by Clint Eastwood, staring Bradley Cooper. It is based around the life of Chris Kyle, the Sniper with the most confirmed kills in America.

While this film is a very enjoyable high action movie, there are both strong points and weak points in this piece. 

The Weak: 
I personally thought that the plot line wasn't very strong. The film was divided into the "3 Tours" and it seemed to be fragmented with out very much emphasis on the current setting of each tour. 
Another weak point was the stylistic color selection. The film had a very sepia tone style that I did not find appealing. 

The Strong: 
This was a very powerful movie. With out giving away any spoilers, I can say that this was the first film I have ever been too that left the audience speechless. Everyone left the theatre in silence. I have heard from multiple people that this was the same experience for them. 
Another strong point was the cinematography. There where multiple shots through out this film that I was impressed with. Very nicely executed. 


Over All Rating:  7.9/10 

Great film to see in theaters, but lacking in some ascetics and felt rushed. 

No comments: