Friday, August 31, 2012

Summer Internship

After completing my freshman year at college, I was able to find myself an internship for the summer.  I worked for a company called Pro Dynamix.  This company was an athlete marketing company based out of West Jersey.  They marketed athletes ranging from the high school to the pros.  Most of there work involved making highlight videos, but they also helped high school students with college recruiting.

My first assignment I did for them was a highlight video for a football player named Mike Daniels.  Mike Daniels had been a client for the company since high school, and was recently drafted by the Green Bay Packers.  The high light was requested by a Green Bay Packers fan page/blog.  They wanted a highlight video of his college and high school play that they could put on their site so that the Green Bay fans could see who Mike Daniels was.  After that I spent most of my time doing smaller projects for high school and a couple college athletes.

Overall it was a very good learning experience for me.  Not only did I feel I became more capable as an  editor, I felt I learned a lot about working in a professional setting.  Having to continually produce content that is top quality and better was very stressful but it helped me grow and develop my skills.  I also learned how to pitch ideas and sell people my ideas.  Was very happy with the experience and am looking forward to more internships in the future.

No comments: