Tuesday, February 26, 2013

It's Always Sunny= It's Always Funny!


This week I finally gave to my roommates’ advice and gave the show It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia a real shot. Before this happened, I had only seen bits and pieces of the show and found what I saw to be very loud and too over the top for my liking, but little did I know that I would become instantly hooked on this series. The show takes place in a bar in South Philly and it is co-owned by the show’s leading characters. The show stars Danny Devito, Charlie Day, Kaitlin Olson, Rob McElhenney, and Glenn Howerton. The show is based on the crazy activities that go on in their pub and the hilarity that ensues shortly afterwards. Each character possesses a certain negative quality to themselves and combined they create a recipe for disaster. Regardless of their poor individual qualities the viewer often sympathizes with their actions because they are too funny to actually dislike.


What I enjoy the most about this show is its consistency. From seasons 2-6 I cannot think of an episode where I did not find myself laughing hysterically. If you are into a slapstick type of humor willed with many great punch lines and plenty of other comedic elements than this show is definitely for you.

No comments: