Thursday, April 14, 2016

Election 2016. What's Going On?

As I'm sitting here watching Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders duke it out in the CNN Democratic debate, I'm struggling with what to write my blogpost on. Here's what we do know about this election so far: Hillary Clinton is still up in the polls but Bernie has recently been surging. As I'm watching Bernie dominate the debate, I wonder why Hillary could still have the lead. Then I realize something that was painfully obvious. Hillary Clinton looks like a bird.

Curious if anybody else has done research on this topic, I search Google. Lo-and-behold after one search I unearth photographic evidence of people's artistic take on Hillary's ornithological resemblance:







It made me very happy to see that other people have contributed to this part of science. But there was one thing that bothered me. If Hillary looks so much like a bird, then why is Bernie getting so popular? It doesn't add up.

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Perhaps one of the most candid and memorable moments of this entire presidential election cycle happened to Bernie just a couple of weeks ago and made social media explode over him. I'll let the picture speak for itself:


No comments: