Thursday, February 11, 2016

Waste of Time





A recent study by mobileinsurance.com has revealed that the average person spends 90 mins a day on their phone. That figue may not sound like a lot but that amounts up to 23 days a year and 3.9 years of the average person's life is spent staring at their phone screen.

Image result for waste of time

Americans aged 18-64 who use social networks say they spend an average of 3.2 hours per day doing so,according to new research released by Ipsos Open Thinking Exchange (OTX).

The amount of time I spend on social media and on any technology in a day is pretty significant.  I wake up in the morning and immediately check my phone and I check my texts, emails, social media and any other notifications I get. I would say I spend about 15 to 20 minutes in the morning on my phone every morning. 




Then after doing my morning routine I check my phone again to make sure I am not behind on texts or emails. Then I head to lunch and I usually surf the web for about an hour and do homework or research. Then I go to class and my teacher is usually using the Internet and I use the Internet to look up information so that’s another hour of using technology. Then after class I check my phone and go on social media for another 10 minutes. I usually head home after class then sit down for 1 hour of 2 and watch TV usually the discovery channel. Then I head back to class and that’s another 1 hour of my laptop. After class and the rest of the night I am on my laptop for 2 more hours and probably watch 1 more hour of TV. 

The next time you pick up your phone try to spend less time on it and do something more productive!

1 comment:

arturo said...

Would be interesting to see the age breakdown, regional, economic etc. sample of the study. If the "average" is 90 min and imagine the sample to be large and comprehensive there are probably millions of people spend many hours per day serving the medium and its holders.