Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Chat Logger and Surveys

Ive finished my chat logger and survey scripts, if anyone in the class needs this I will be glad to provide them to you. A little info on what each specifically does:

  • Survey Script: You touch a specified object, and it brings up a dialogue asking you a series of multiple choice questions. The questions and answers are stored on a notecard. Once the user completes the survey it sends an email with the person's avatar name, location in world, and the answers to the survey in a neat format. A neat feature is that if a user times out or for some reason decides not to finish the survey it will send the incomplete survey after a couple of minutes.
  • Chat Logger: You click a specified object to start the log. Every x messages (user specified), it sends an email with a nicely formatted chat log, including the name of the person and what the said. It's neatly formatted by new lines for every line spoken in world. I can add support to color coded names, but I don't think it's necessary for our project.

4 comments:

Brandon said...

If you could send me both it'd be much appreciated.
brandon (dot) kilpatrick (at) gmail (dot) com
Thanks

Javahawk said...

Brandon,

I'm not sending anyone the source. I hope you understand. Instead, I can give you a non-modifiable script in game. Will that do?

Brandon said...

Sorry, I misunderstood. That's fine though, the non-modifiables will do.

Javahawk said...

Please email me or send me a PM, Oshi Leakey.