Thursday, October 8, 2015

On Wrapping Principle Photography

I'm still honestly in shock that we've managed to pull this off. Shooting 4 weeks after school started was quite the challenge, but everyone really stepped up and made this film awesome. We've wrapped (pretty much) on principle photography and have even managed to get our first trailer out. The amount of feedback that we've already received is incredible.

I don't think I can even comprehend that number of people. Unfortunately our view count isn't as high as I'd like to be, but thats probably due to privacy settings at the current moment. I've had at least 10 people come up to me today alone and tell me how absolutely stoked they are to see the film, and I have to be honest I'm right there with them.

Unfortunately, I don't think things are going to go as well with the final edit. While I'm sure it'll look great (go DP and G&E) the sound we got on set was god awful and I never quite got the performance out of the child actor that I wanted. We'll see how those two play out, and I'm more excited than everyone else to see the film in its final stages. Only Editing, Scoring, Coloring, and Sound mixing left - lets get to it!

No comments: