Sunday, May 1, 2011

Something that saved me and could save you too

So I went home this weekend for an interview and realized that I forgot my hard drive that had a little demo I had put together on it. Rather than freaking out I calmly searched the internet and came across this, www.dropbox.com. Dropbox is a site that let's you upload up to 2 gigabytes free into a folder that creates a link that other people can download from. I had my friend just drag the 1 gig .mov file into there at Ithaca and then downloaded it super fast at my home. Anyone that's trying to move large files around should check it out.

1 comment:

arturo said...

I am glad you were able to get your stuff!
You could also use YouSendIt. which allows 2Gig exchanges on its free account . There is nothing to download, just upload your file, YouSendIt emails your recipient/s and they download it.